Pressure Sand Water Filter
Sand filtration is frequently used and very robust
method to remove suspended solids from water. The filtration medium
consists of a multiple layer of sand with a variety in size and specific
gravity. Sand filters can be supplied in different sizes and materials
both hand operated or fully automatically.
Raw water pump is used for generating necessary operating pressure in
the pressure sand filter. Raw water is passed through CHEMTRONICS
Multigrade Sand Filter at a pressure of 3.5 kg / cm2 to reduce the
suspended solids present in the raw water.The filter
will effectively remove up to 30 – 50 micron of the suspended solids to
less then 5 ppm. The filter will have to be washed with raw water for 20
to 30 minutes daily. To filter the partials below 30 – 50 micron
cartridge filter is used.
Applications for sand
• Preparation of cooling water
• Treatment of waste water
• Production of drinking water
• Filtration in swimming pools
• Pre filtration for membrane systems
• Filtration of gray or surface water
• Swimming pool water
Multi Grade Sand
The Multigrade Sand Filter is a depth filter
that makes use of coarse and fine media mixed together in a fixed
proportion. This arrangement produces a filter bed with adequate pore
dimensions for retaining both large and small suspended particles.
Multigrade sand filter is highly recommended for the removal of
suspended solids & un-dissolved impurities like dust particles & heavy
metals etc. doing so it reduces turbidity. Pressure Sand Filter is an
ideal solution for the systems with high sediment, silt, sand, and
turbidity. Our Sand filters are well established in media filtration
technology. The sand filters are specially designed to take care of the
range of suspended impurities. Chemtronics filtration series multigrade
sand filter include vessel complete with piping & valves sand media and
gravel support bed.
The Multigrade sand filter is an ideal
choice for all applications where a conventional sand filter is
• It is extensively used in side stream
filtration of cooling water.
• Drinking Water.
• It is ideal for filtration of clarified water.
• Water used in chemical processes.
• Filtration process in Industries.
• Used for pre – treatment for membrane systems.
• Swimming Pool Water Filtration.
• Filtration in Tertiary waste water treatment.
• Pharmaceutical Production processes.
Pressure Sand Water Filter FR
Fiber Glass Reinforced Plastic (FGRP)
composite vessels are 1/3 the weight of carbon steel, strengths are
directly comparable to steel, no maintenance & high aesthetic
Multigrade Sand Filter FRP Series
• The non corrosive, cost effective solution for commercial
/industrial water treatment and storage
• FRP vessels are used for residential, large commercial and
• Vessel is made up of Natural fiberglass shell never fades or
changes color, colored shells recommended for UV protection.
• 100% Corrosion –resistant both inside and out.
• Physical Properties: Operating Pressure – Min 0 bar and Max.
: Factory Test Pressure – 11 bar.
: Operating Temp – Min. 1°C and Max. 50 °C
• The light weight of composites can lead to cost saving like
lower installation costs easier handling.
• Top & Bottom Opening Vessel.
• Low Pressure drop across the vessel.
• Multiport valve MOC is ABS.
• Manual, Semi automatic and automatic features are provided.
• High Filtration efficiencies Standard and effective multigrade
• Efficient Turbidity and TSS Removal.
• High performance Composite material
• Thermoplastic liner of polyester – wall thickness 3.8 mm to
7.6 mm as per vessel diameter
• 100 % corrosion resistant
• Excellent bonding between inlet & PE liner
• Better curing at high temperature
• 200 mm to 1,000 mm diameter
• All are top opening & dia 450 mm onwards top & bottom opening
• 450 mm onward flange fitting
• Operating Pressure – 10.5 kgf /cm2
• Operating temperature – 490 C
• 250,000 times cycle test from 10 psi to 150 psi
• Vessels are NSF & PED certified
Velocity : 12 to 17 M2
Model No. Suffix
A Auto Multiport Valve
M Manual Multiport Valve
B Butterfly Valve
Pressure Sand Water Filter SS Series
Stainless steel pressure sand filters are widely used in
following applications :
• Pharmaceutical product water
• Dairy & food products.
• Package drinking water
Pressure Sand Water Filter MS
Mild Steel (MS) pressure sand filters are commonly used
across the world for following applications :
• Filter high quantity of water.
• Thermoelectric power plants.
• Irrigation & farming
• Aqua culture.
Office : 38,
Eastern Building, Station Road, Santacruz (West). Mumbai 400054,
:- Pressure Sand Filter |
Activated Carbon Filter
| Cartridge Filter | Ultraviolet
Purifier | Water Softener | Demineral
Plant | Reverse Osmosis :- Reverse
Osmosis Light Commercial | Reverse
Osmosis Heavy Commercial | Reverse
Osmosis Light Industrial | Reverse
Osmosis Heavy Industrial | Package
Drinking Water | Ozonation
| Swimming Pool Water Treatment
| Sewage Treatment Plants
| Water Treatment Plant | DM
Plant | Ozone Generator | STP & ETP
| RO Reverse Osmosis | Water Filtration
| Water Ozonation
Designed & Hosted by : MID
by : GID